OPC members rescue raped 14 year old girl in Agege

Members of the O’odua People’s Congress, OPC, and concerned Lagosians rescued a teenager, who was raped, robbed and abandoned by an unidentified man in Agege area of Lagos, PM News reports

The OPC members saw the secondary schoolgirl on Sunday, 9 March in a traumatized state at a public toilet near NITEL Office, at Oko Oba, Agege
And after giving her first aid treatment, the teenager was handed over to the police at the Agege Elere Police Divisional Headquarters, who referred her to Orile Agege General Hospital,  Agege for a comprehensive medical treatment.
The teenager, who will be 15 by August, narrated that she came from Osun State and was on her way to Badagry to stay with her aunty who had just given birth, but decided to have a stay the night at Agege, when it became late (around 9.p.m.) and she couldn’t get a bus to her destination. Continue...
The traumatised girl told the OPC members that when it became dark she decided to sleep in front of a shopping complex, near Elere Police Divisional Headquarters, till the next day.
The victim said that shortly after she spread some cartons and was about to sleep, a man pushed her from behind and she fell on the floor.

She narrated that the man used her belt to tie her neck and used a cloth to cover her face and started raping her.

The victim said she screamed and shouted for help but there was no one to rescue her and the man raped her four times.

She alleged that thereafter, a night guard, whom she described as huge and tall, and wore eyeglasses, came with a torch light and left with the rapist to an unknown destination.
She alleged that the night guard left her with blood all over her body without making any attempt to help her.

She alleged that the guard only came the next day to chase her across the road to the public toilet where she was later found by the OPC members and sympathisers.

“It was at this spot that the OPC members and other sympathisers saw me. They started pouring water on my head because I had no strength. The man after raping me stole my handset and left with the guard. Before they left, they asked me how much I needed but I said I didn’t need their money,” the teenager said. The girl appealed to the Federal Government and the Lagos State government to come to her aid and ensure the culprits do not go unpunished.

The DPO, CSP Eze Philip, of  Elere Police Divisional Headquarters, has begun  investigation on the matter,  after instructing that  the victim should be taken to the nearby hospital for quick medical attention to save her life. The girl is still receiving treatment, while her father has been contacted in Osun State.

Source: PM News

Post a comment


Author Name

Contact form


Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.