Unbelief As Baby Buried Alive By Mother Is Exhumed Two Days After, Alive!

A young mother, Adeola Joseph, has been sentenced to six years imprisonment with hard labour by a Magistrates Court sitting in Osogbo, Osun state for burying her only child alive in her residence for two days in 2012.The trial chief magistrate, Mr Olusola Aluko, while delivering judgement said the accused did not look remorseful and so not fit to live among humans.
“The convict is callous and may not change from her devilish act as she did not show any remorse” he said. “She may do worse if given the opportunity to continue to live amongst human beings. She needs to learn how to live among human beings and not animals.”
Before her arrest at Ijetu area of the state capital and consequent conviction, she was said to have made several failed attempts in the past to eliminate the two-year-old baby,Fatia Nafiu, who she saw as an impediment to her success in life.
The 18-year-old Adeola, who was confirmed to be mentally fit by medical doctors during her trial, maintained that she had no regrets about her action.
Her first attempt to get rid of Fatia – who may be called a miracle child – whom she had lived together with for two years, was in November, last year, when she allegedly poisoned her food. It was gathered that the second attempt was a month after the first failed attempt, when the young mother dumped the baby by the bank of River Osun but some passersby rescued the baby and took her to a motherless babies home from where she was later returned to her mother.
The mother and child lived together until Adeola made another attempt on the baby’s life; but by sheer providence, the child escaped death once again. Adeola’s house became a Mecca of sorts as  people rushed to the scene of the incident to catch a glimpse of the child who was rescued by good Samaritans led by Prophetess Tunrayo Akinwande. Fatia was buried alive in the early hours of Monday, February18, 2012 and was only exhumed alive, miraculuously two days after by the Prophetess who lived close to where she was buried.
It was gathered that upon her exhumation, Fatia fainted and was rushed to the State Hospital, Asubiaro in Osogbo where she was admitted for three days before she was discharged.
- Culled From The SUN

Post a comment


Author Name

Contact form


Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.